- Map Features
- Rockies South region-specific with color-coded land ownership status (if you want to know land owner names, check out our HUNT Premium Maps for Garmin GPS)
- Discover little-known, seldom-hunted public land in the Rockies South area
- Navigate confidently around private lands you're not allowed to hunt
- Easily identify hunting areas
- Recognize public and private lands with straightforward color-coding
- Access roads — (hwy, city, back-roads, trails)
- Discover water — (lakes, rivers, creeks, springs)
- Map your best route with 24K topographical functionality
- Much more — every feature you will ever need in the field
HUNT Rockies South Map Features
- Rockies South Region-specific
- Color-coded land ownership data:
- Bureau of Land Management
- State Land
- State Parks
- WMA, WPA, NWR, etc.
- US Forest Service/National Grasslands
- US Fish & Wildlife
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Department of Defense
- Corps of Engineers
- Local government
- National Park Service
- Much more!
- Section lines and numbers
- 24K Topographic features (20 ft contour intervals ~ 1:24K Equivalent)
- Geographic names (cities, creeks, manmade features, etc)
- Parcels within the city
- City parks, county open space, state parks
- Roads — city, hwy, county, forest service, back-roads, & trails
- National Forest roads, trails, and Recreation Sites
- Water data (creeks, rivers, lakes)
Colorado Specific Map Features:
- Walk-in Access Program Lands
Utah Specific Map Features:
- WMU Boundaries, Names, and Numbers for Deer, Pronghorn, and Any Bull Elk Areas
- CWMU — Cooperative Wildlife Management Unit Properties
- Walk-in Access Program Lands
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the map.
Version 13.0Released on: May 13, 2013
- New Map!
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for Reference Purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and Montana Mapping & GPS, LLC, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective federal or state agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website
HUNT by onXmaps Product Overview
HUNT Premium vs. HUNT Regional Product Comparison
TEAM HUNT Customer Testimonials:
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Used for ATV / OHV Trails
I've noticed most of the reviews (and marketing materials) have focused on the value of Hunting GPS Maps as a tool for hunters.
My local Sportsman's Warehouse recommended this product to me when I told them I was looking for a GPS capable of depicting public ATV / OHV trails.
I have it loaded it on my Garmin Nuvi GPS, and it works GREAT! We have a bunch of public ATV / OHV trails here in Colorado, and the Rockies South database seems to have all of them.
I'm very happy with the product, and have told several other ATV and off-road motorcyclists about it.
- A must have product
I grew up in rural Utah hunting my entire life. When I grew up I joined the military my love for hunting died because I could not find any land to hunt on. My first experience with this product was when I came home for Christmas leave my brother had this product on his GPS. I thought I knew of all public property around our house we could hunt on. After using this amazing product we discovered many more acres of hardly hunted land and we were very successful in our hunt.
This lead to me purchasing multiple maps. I just recently came home from Afghanistan and my love for hunting is re-kindled as I am super excited to be able to find hunting lands near my military base in Texas.
Another very useful tool if you own an OHV I have used this product to find public lands to ride on and have seen many views I would have never dreamed of seeing!
Thank you huntinggpsmaps for allowing me to get in touch with the love of hunting and nature again. Not to mention your love for veterans and the awesome discount for military personnel.
- Excellent, Cost effective product
Recently purchased this product since here in NM landowners are not required to post private land and with large amounts of patchwork public/private land throughout the state it's a must have. Recently used this product on an antelope hunt where NM gives a small map of the ranch you are assigned to this product was great, it allowed me to use the state and private patchwork to easily find where I was supposed to be and know exactly what was not legal to hunt as the ranch I was assigned to had several small patches of non-huntable public land in the center with no boundary markings, making this an invaluable product to have. The only changes I would like to see is to the road structures open versus closed. In National forests having a sometimes yearly change of approved open roads it would help if somehow the open roads appear different than the closed roads/old roads, as you now have to stay of approved roads only in most of NM national forests. Some are open only to atv's, motorcycles, and small vehicles, a designation of the type of vehicle the road is open too would be the only improvement I could see. Otherwise you can't go wrong with this product.
- Great Product!
Recently bought the regional Rockies South SD card for my Garmin Dakota 20. Very pleased with the visibility of private lands which was the primary feature I needed. I've been in situations where it was not clear where the boundaries were and that is not a good feeling! It would have been interesting to have the premium single state version with landowner names for the same price but I like having four states all on one card. Wish I would have bought this years ago. A must have for hunters, hikers and others!