- Product Details
- Pinpoint private land owner names and property boundaries in New Mexico* so you can request access permission (if you want regional maps without land owner names, check out our HUNT Regional Maps for Garmin GPS)
- Discover little-known, seldom-hunted public land
- Navigate confidently around private lands you're not allowed to hunt
- Quickly view Game Management Unit boundaries
- Easily identify changes in land ownership with straightforward color-coded parcels
- Access roads — (hwy, city, back-roads, trails, etc.)
- Discover water — (lakes, rivers, creeks, springs, etc.)
- Map your best route with 24k topographic functionality
- Much more — every feature you will ever need in the field!
HUNT New Mexico Product Features
- Land owner name appears on parcels within the state*
- Land owner name is searchable in BaseCamp and most GPS units
- Color-coded land ownership data
- Bureau of Land Management
- State Land
- State Parks
- County Land
- National Park Service
- WMA, WPA, NWR, etc.
- US Forest Service/National Grasslands
- US Fish & Wildlife
- Indian Reservations
- Department of Defense
- Corps of Engineers
- Bureau of Reclamation—BOR
- Local government
- Much more!
- Game Management Unit boundaries
- 24k topo
- Section lines and numbers (T24N R34E 12)
- City parks, county open space
- Wilderness Areas
- Roads—Highways, city and county roads, USFS roads, National Park roads, state lands roads, National Wildlife Refuge roads
- Trails—USFS trails, National Park trails, US Fish & Wildlife trails, BLM trails, urban OSM trails, and the Continental Divide Trail
- Water—detailed data on rivers & streams, canals, lakes, reservoirs, springs, cañadas, arroyos
- National Forest recreation sites, stock tanks, road blocks
- Geographic names—Cities, towns, summits, passes, canyons, craters, mesas, deserts etc.
- Fishing access sites (boat ramps)
- Airports—Updated with current FAA data
- Microbrewery locations
Looking for Mobile Device maps? Take a look at the HUNT App for Mobile Devices!
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the map.
*Private land ownership information may not be available for all counties but is updated frequently. Check out our Plat Coverage Map for more information. It is important that you update your HUNT New Mexico Map yearly to get the most up-to-date information available.
Version 14.0Released on: Nov 14, 2014
- NOW HAS SEARCHABLE LAND OWNERSHIP CAPABILITY!
- Updated land ownership statewide
- Added parcel data in the following counties: McKinley, Quay, San Miguel, Taos
- Added dotted parcel lines to indicate interior divisions of properties
- Updated Game Management Units
- Created a unique color code for State Parks, State Forests, State Fish & WIldlife, State universities, local parks, Corps of Engineers, and Dams
- Edited color code for Bureau of Reclamation
- Updated 24k topo lines
- Many improvements to transportation network including including more roads and trails, better highway classification, separating backroads from more driveable county roads, defined street networks
- Many improvements to geographic names include showing more city and town names at scale ranges appropriate to their size and more intuitive depictions of landscape features
- New point of interest icons for campgrounds, trailheads, picnic areas, cabins, springs, and many more!
- Improvements to water features to show them at appropriate scale ranges
Version 13.0Released on: Sep 19, 2013
- Added Parcel data in the following counties: Curry, Eddy, Lea, Luna, Torrance
- Added Navajo Nation Big Game Hunt Unit Boundaries
Version 12.0Released on: Feb 29, 2012
- Updated public land data to January 2012
- Added Land Owner Name data to Rio Arriba and Guadalupe Counties
- Updated section number errors including T22s R18w
- Updated private land coloring error in Grant County at Township 17 South, Range 9 West. A piece of private land within the National Forest had a green background
Version 11.0Released on: Dec 14, 2011
- New Map!
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
- You will be able to see your position relative to public and private land boundaries. For example, if you are on a BLM section, your current location will show up on a yellow background. If you are on private land, your GPS will show your current location on a white background
- Wherever you go you have a Statewide Ownership and Topo Map compacted down to a device that fits in the palm of your hand and weighs less than a pound
- Easily Compare to your Paper Maps to quickly figure out your location on that Paper Map using section lines and property ownership coloring as a reference
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for reference purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and onXmaps, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective Federal or State agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website
HUNT by onXmaps Product Overview:
TEAM HUNT Customer Testimonials: