- HUNT Overview
When you buy a HUNT Chip you gain a HUNT Premium Membership as well. The Membership gives you access to the HUNT App, Web Map and automatic Chip updates.
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the map.
*Private land ownership information may not be available for all counties but is updated frequently. Check out our Plat Coverage Map for more information. It is important that you update your HUNT Arizona Map yearly to get the most up-to-date information available.
HUNT Minnesota Product Features
- Landowner name appears on parcels within the state* ( View our PLAT Coverage Map for more information)
- Landowner name is searchable in BaseCamp and most GPS units
- Walk-In Access (WIA) Sites
- Color-coded land ownership data
- US Forest Service
- State Forests
- State Wildlife Management Areas
- State Scientific and Natural Areas
- State Park and Recreation Areas
- State Waterfowl Refuges
- State Trust Lands
- Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- City, county, and township land
- US Fish & Wildlife (Waterfowl Production Areas, Wildlife Refuges, Wildlife Management Areas, and the Beltrami Island Land Utilization Project)
- National Park Service
- Department of Defense
- Corps of Engineers
- Colleges, Universities, and associated lands
- Timber Company lands (Public access shown on Blandin Paper and Marlow Timberland, and potential lease access shown on Molpus Woodlands, Potlatch)
- Non-profit lands (Possible access shown on Nature Conservancy, Belwin Conservancy, Parks and Trails Council, Minnesota Land Trust, and Deep Portage Conservation Foundation lands)
- Local government
- Much more!
- 2016-2017 Deer Permit Areas
- Wilderness Areas
- Boundary Water Canoe Area features (campsites, portages, lake depth contours for most larger water bodies)
- Section lines and numbers (T24N R34E 12)
- 24k topo
- City parks, county open space
- Roads—Highways, city and county roads, USFS roads, USFWS roads, National Park Service roads, State Wildlife Management Area roads, State DNR roads
- Trails—National Park trails, US Fish & Wildlife trails, city park trails, the Minneapolis Skyway, county open space trails, state park trails, state recreation area trails, state wildlife area trails, rail trails, snowmobile trails, the North Country trail, and the Superior Hiking Trail
- Geographic names—Cities, towns, villages, bays, channels, valleys, ridges,
- Water—detailed data on rivers & streams, lakes, dams, ditches, swamps, marshes
- Bathymetry—Depth contours in Lake Superior and many smaller lakes. Do not use for navigation
- Fishing access sites (boat ramps)
- Airports—with current FAA data
- Microbrewery locations
- Disc golf course locations
- PLAT Coverage
We've combined BLM, Forest Service, USGS Topo Quad, and PLAT book maps to give you the most informative digital map of Minnesota ever created! View a color-coded map of Minnesota right in your hand, on whatever device you prefer. Public & private land boundaries with land owner names, hunting districts, topo information, roads, trails, and much more right at the tip of your finger. Intuitive and space-saving, our HUNT Minnesota Map lets you reduce clutter & get back to hunting! Endorsed by numerous State and Federal agencies, HUNT Minnesota is the most reliable source for Minnesota land ownership maps!
Visit our Plat Coverage Map to view which counties we provide land ownership data for!
Version 16.0Released on: Sep 27, 2016
- Updated Deer Permit Areas to 2016-2017
- Updated 2016 Walk-In Access (WIA) Sites
- Updated transportation network by adding road and trail data on state lands
- Updated FAA data
- Added over 1,000 established campsites to the Boundary Water Canoe Area
Version 15.0Released on: Nov 30, 2015
- Updated land ownership statewide
- Added the following counties of parcel data: Cottonwood, Faribault, Kanabec,Kittson, Mower, Normal, Pennington (lines only), Red Lake (lines only), Sibley, Stevens, Swift, Waseca
- Updated Walk-In Access (WIA) Sites
- Updated Deer Permit Areas
- Created a unique color code for State Parks, State Forests, State Fish & Wildlife, State universities, local parks, Corps of Engineers, Dams
- Updated 24k topo
- Improvements to water features to make them more visible and show them at appropriate scale ranges
- Highlighted more public access on Blandin Paper timberlands, and used a different style for possible lease access on Potlatch and Molpus lands
- Highlighted more non-profit lands with public access (note: these areas have varying hunting regulations and many do not allow hunting)
- Updated POIs with many new symbols and more city names displayed
- Adjusted color on icons for campgrounds, trailheads, picnic areas, springs, fishing access sites, boat ramps, and many others
Version 14.0Released on: Jun 25, 2014
- NOW HAS SEARCHABLE LAND OWNERSHIP CAPABILITY!
- Added the following counties of parcel data: Aitkin, Beltrami, Carlton, Cass, Chippewa, Cook, Crow Wing, Houston, Hubbard, Isanti, Kandiyohi, Lake, Marshall, Morrison, Nobles (partial), Pine, Pope (partial), Redwood, Rock(partial), Roseau, Stearns, Wilkin
- Improved coverage of parcel data in existing counties
- Added dotted parcel lines to indicate interior divisions of properties
- Added inland lake bathymetry data to 200+ additional lakes. Perfect for recreational reference, but do not use for nearshore navigation.
- Updated Walk-In Access (WIA) Program Lands
- Updated POIs with many new symbols and more city names displayed
- Improved transportation network to symbolize different road types appropriately (particularly backroads versus more driveable county roads), reduce overlap in roads and trails, and include more city trails, snow trails, National Park trails, and Fish & Wildlife Service roads and trails POIs with many new symbols and more city names displayed
Version 12.0Released on: Sep 10, 2012
- New Map!
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
- You will be able to see your position relative to public and private land boundaries. For example, if you are on a BLM section, your current location will show up on a yellow background. If you are on private land, your GPS will show your current location on a white background
- Wherever you go you have a Statewide Ownership and Topo Map compacted down to a device that fits in the palm of your hand and weighs less than a pound
- Easily Compare to your Paper Maps to quickly figure out your location on that Paper Map using section lines and property ownership coloring as a reference
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for reference purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and onXmaps, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective Federal or State agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website