- HUNT Overview
When you buy a HUNT Chip you gain a HUNT Premium Membership as well. The Membership gives you access to the HUNT App, Web Map and automatic Chip updates.
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the Alaska map.
*Private land ownership information may not be available for all counties but is updated frequently. Check out our Plat Coverage Map for more information. It is important that you update your HUNT Alaska Map yearly to get the most up-to-date information available.
HUNT Alaska Product Features
- Land owner name appears on parcels within the state* ( View our PLAT Coverage Map for more information)
- Landowner name is searchable in BaseCamp and most GPS units
- Color-coded land ownership data
- Bureau of Land Management
- State Land
- State Parks
- State Forests
- Wildlife Management Areas
- National Parks and Preserves
- US Forest Service
- US Fish & Wildlife
- Indian Reservations
- Native Allotment Land and Corporations
- Department of Defense
- Corps of Engineers
- Local government
- Much more!
- 2016-17 Game Management Units
- 2016-17 Guide Use Areas
- 2016-17 Controlled Use Areas
- State Mining Claims
- Federal Mining Claims
- 100 ft topographic features
- Section lines and numbers (T24N R34E 12)
- City parks, county open space
- Roads—Highways, city and county roads, USFS roads, and US Fish & Wildlife roads
- Trails—National Forest trails, National Wildlife Refuge trails, winter trails, and the Iditarod Trail
- Water—Detailed data on rivers, lakes, streams, springs, glaciers, coastal bays, inlets and fjords
- Campgrounds, backcountry cabins
- Geographic names—Towns, villages, summits, passes, valleys, hot springs, islands, channels, headlands
- Bathymetry—Depth contours in Beaufort Sea, Chukchi Sea, Bering Sea, Bristol Bay, Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Alaska, Prince William Sound, Glacier Bay, Cook Inlet, Lake Brooks, Naknek Lake, Lake Grosvenor, Murray Lake, Hammersly Lake, Kulik Lake, Battle Lake, Lake Clark, Kontrashibuna Lake, Lower Tazimina Lake, Kijik Lake, Lachbuna Lake, Portage Lake, Twin Lakes, Turquoise Lake, Telaquana Lake. Do not use for navigation.
- Airports—with current FAA data
- Microbrewery locations
- Disc Golf courses
- Offshore Oil Platforms
- Tongass Fjords National Forest Service Rental Cabins
Map Coverage: Alaska
- PLAT Coverage
We've combined BLM, Forest Service, USGS Topo Quad, and PLAT book maps to give you the most informative digital map of Alaska ever created! View a color-coded map of Alaska right in your hand, on whatever device you prefer. Public & private land boundaries with land owner names, hunting districts, topo information, roads, trails, and much more right at the tip of your finger. Intuitive and space-saving, our HUNT Alaska Map lets you reduce clutter & get back to hunting! Endorsed by numerous State and Federal agencies, HUNT Alaska is the most reliable source for Alaska land ownership maps!
Visit our Plat Coverage Map to view which counties we provide land ownership data for!
Version 16.0Released on: Nov 01, 2016
- Updated 2016-17 Game Management Units
- Updated 2016-17 Guide Use Areas
- Updated 2016-17 Controlled Use Areas
- New point of interest icons for parks, marinas, docks, and more!
- Adjusted color on icons for campgrounds, trailheads, picnic areas, cabins, springs, fishing accesses
- Updated FAA data
Version 15.0Released on: Apr 29, 2015
- NOW VIEWABLE IN GARMIN BASECAMP!
- NOW HAS SEARCHABLE LAND OWNERSHIP CAPABILITY!
- Added Alaska Department of Fish and Game Guide Use Area boundaries
- Added Alaska Department of Fish and Game Controlled Use Areas
- Updated land ownership statewide
- Added parcel boundaries (no ownership) to Wrangell City
- Added parcel in the following boroughs and census areas: Haines Borough, Denali Borough and Sitka City
- Added dotted parcel lines to indicate interior divisions of properties
- Updated Game Management Units
- Changed display of Section Lines to make them lighter
- Created a unique color code for State Parks, State Forests, State Fish & Wildlife, State universities, local parks, Corps of Engineers, Dams
- Updated POIs with many new symbols (including fishing access sites, boat ramps, campgrounds, trailheads, airports, waterfalls, breweries, and backcountry camp sites), and city names that show well in Garmin GPS units as well as in the Basecamp desktop program
- Improved transportation network to symbolize different road types appropriately (particularly backroads versus more driveable county roads), reduce overlap in roads and trails, and include more city and county trails, BLM roads, National Park trails, and Fish & Wildlife Service roads and trails
- Many improvements to geographic names include showing more city and town names at scale ranges appropriate to their size, as well as more intuitive depictions of landscape features
- Updated state mining claim boundaries
- Updated federal mining claim boundaries
Version 11.1Released on: Aug 15, 2011
- Added 1:100K Topo data to the map
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
- You will be able to see your position relative to public and private land boundaries. For example, if you are on a BLM section, your current location will show up on a yellow background. If you are on private land, your GPS will show your current location on a white background
- Wherever you go you have a Statewide Ownership and Topo Map compacted down to a device that fits in the palm of your hand and weighs less than a pound
- Easily Compare to your Paper Maps to quickly figure out your location on that Paper Map using section lines and property ownership coloring as a reference
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for reference purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and onXmaps, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective Federal or State agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website