HUNT App for Android Devices
HUNT App for Android Description
Use the HUNT app in combination with the GPS on your Android device to easily view land owner names while knowing your location relative to public and private property boundaries and hunting unit boundaries. Cache aerial imagery and topo basemaps for offline use while creating custom markups and more!
Scan the QR Code to the right to download the HUNT App for Android and begin your free trial. When you're ready, you may purchase a state subscription to the HUNT App for Android devices in the Hunting GPS Maps Store for $29.99
Free HUNT App for Android Features:
- Game Management Units (GMU)/Hunting Units for general game species (for example in Wyoming you will can see Antelope, Deer, and Elk units)
- Basemaps of your choice to see Topo, Roads, Rivers, Lakes, etc.
- GPS functionality
- Mark Waypoints with hunting and other icons to help you navigate back to your vehicle, camp, good lookouts, blinds, or just to mark places where you have seen game
- Mark Waypoints using a photo you’ve taken to easily document the locations of scrapes and rubs, wallows, game sightings, food sources, bedding areas, etc. Bring this data back home to your computer to help you learn your hunting area much faster!
When you purchase a subscription for a state, you will receive a Public and Government Lands layer, private parcel boundaries and land owner names layer, section lines and TRS numbers layer, and all of the big game management unit layers for different species and special hunts for that state (For example, in Wyoming you will get Antelope, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Black Bear, Bobcat, Elk, Moose, Mountain Lion, Mule Deer, Mountain Goat, Turkey, White Tail Deer, and Wolf Hunt Areas). Additionally, you will be able to cache all of these map layers for use when you are out of cellular data coverage. A subscription may be purchased through our website for $29.99.
The following additional features are available only when you purchase a subscription to a state.
- Public and Government Lands layer
- Private Parcel Boundaries and Land owner Names*
- GMU Numbers and Boundaries for all Species
- Section Lines and TRS Numbers
- Ability to cache map layers on your device
If you are unsure if you would like to purchase a subscription, we have a free 7 day trial available for our HUNT App for Android. Just download our free app through the Google Play Store, and then register for your free trial. You may purchase a subscription through the Hunting GPS Maps website anytime after downloading the free HUNT App for Android.
*Private land ownership information may not be available through the HUNT App for all counties. Please see our Plat Coverage Map for additional information.
HUNT App for Android Requirements:
The HUNT App requires a minimum Android version of 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) on your Android device to function correctly.
We recommend picking up a vehicle phone charger so you may charge your Android device while en route to your destination. We also recommend using a solar powered charger while you are out in the field, as these accessories can help improve your experience in the outdoors.
As land ownership, GMUs, and other map data change, we will update the map data on our servers. This new map data will automatically be loaded to your HUNT App without you having to do anything! As we make updates to the map data, we will keep you posted by sending 'Push Notifications' to you within the HUNT App. Make sure you Allow Push Notifications within the App if you wish to receive these messages.
You may try our full featured map subscription to the state of your choice for 7 days. Only one 7 day trial is allowed, and this trial is only good for one state. This will give you a chance to try all of the amazing features, map layers, and functionality our subscription has to offer.
Instructions for 7-day free trial of HUNT App for Android:
- Get the app: Download our HUNT App by scanning the QR Code to the right with your device. Or you can download the HUNT App from the Google Play Store using your Android device or computer.
- Open the HUNT App using your Android device.
- 'Accept' the disclaimer and the App will start the free trial for the state you are located in.
- When prompted, 'Create An Account' to start your Premium HUNT App Trial Subscription for the state you are located in.
- Note: If you are located in a state where we don't currently have a map (or you selected 'Don't Allow' when prompted to use your current location), you can pick the state to start your free trial in by selecting the 'Layers' button, then selecting your state from the drop down at the top of the 'Layers' menu, then select an inactive (grayed-out) layer. From there you will be prompted to subscribe, select 'Not Now', then you can 'Start Free Trial'.
If you are having trouble activating your free trial, visit our HUNT App for Android instructions page.
- Alabama [Request a Map]
- Alaska [Request a Map]
- Arkansas [Request a Map]
- Connecticut [Request a Map]
- Delaware [Request a Map]
- Florida [Request a Map]
- Hawaii [Request a Map]
- Iowa [Request a Map]
- Kansas [Request a Map]
- Kentucky [Request a Map]
- Louisiana [Request a Map]
- Maine [Request a Map]
- Maryland [Request a Map]
- Massachusetts [Request a Map]
- Mississippi [Request a Map]
- Missouri [Request a Map]
- Nebraska [Request a Map]
- New Hampshire [Request a Map]
- New Jersey [Request a Map]
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina [Request a Map]
- North Dakota [Request a Map]
- Rhode Island [Request a Map]
- South Carolina [Request a Map]
- South Dakota [Request a Map]
- Tennessee [Request a Map]
- Vermont [Request a Map]
- West Virginia [Request a Map]
- Puerto Rico [Request a Map]