- Map Features
- Pinpoint private land owner names and property boundaries in Wisconsin* so you can request access permission (if you want regional maps without land owner names, check out our HUNT Regional Maps for Garmin GPS)
- Discover public land ownership with straightforward, color-coded parcels
- Navigate confidently around private lands you're not allowed to hunt
- Quickly view Deer Management Unit Boundaries
- Find access roads and trails—highways, county roads, 4x4, two-tracks, singletracks, and closed roads
- Locate water features like springs, creeks, rivers, rapids, lakes, ponds, and reservoirs
- Map your best route with locally-scaled 24k topographic functionality
- Much more—every feature you will ever need in the field!
HUNT Wisconsin Product Features
- Land owner name appears on parcels within the state*
- Land owner name is searchable in BaseCamp and most GPS units
- Color-coded land ownership data
- State Wildlife Areas & Extensive Wildlife Habitat Areas
- State Fishery Areas
- State Forests (including North Highland/American Legion and scattered Forest Lands)
- State Parks
- State Gift Lands
- State Natural Areas
- Managed Forest Law Lands (MFL), “open” enrollment only
- Forest Crop Law Lands (FCL), “open” enrollment only
- County Forests
- National Park Service (Apostle Islands, St Croix National Scenic Riverway)
- US Forest Service
- US Fish & Wildlife (Wildlife Refuges, Waterfowl Production Areas)
- Indian Reservations
- Department of Defense
- Corps of Engineers
- Timber Company Lands (Public access properties like Plum Creek Timberlands, Lyme St. Croix Forestland Company, and Forest Legacy project lands. Also permit access timberlands such as those owned by Heartwood Forestland and Tigerton Lumber)
- Non-profit Open Space Lands (Ice Age Trail Alliance, Riverland Conservancy, Door County Land Trust, Natural Heritage Land Trust, Nature Conservancy)
- City parks and county Open Space Lands
- Local government
- Much more!
- Deer Management Unit boundaries
- Federal wilderness area boundaries
- 24k topo
- Section lines and numbers (T24N R34E 12)
- Roads—Highways, city and county roads, Forest Service roads, National Park roads, state lands roads, National Wildlife Refuge roads, and local park roads
- Trails—National Forest trails, National Park trails, state park trails, US Fish & Wildlife trails, urban OSM trails, county trails, Rails to Trails segments, the Ice Age Trail, and the North County Trail
- Geographic names—Cities, towns, ridges, valleys, coulees, hollows, prairies, harbors, beaches, islands
- Water—detailed data on rivers & streams, lakes, wetlands, bays, springs, waterfalls
- Bathymetry—20-foot depth contours in Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. 2-foot depths contours in Lake Winnebago and Lake Butte Des Morts. Do not use for navigation.
- Boat and shorefishing access sites
- North Country Trail Association parking areas, trailheads and campsites
- Apostle Islands campsites
- Airports—with current FAA data
- Microbrewery locations
- United States Army Corps of Engineers shipwreck sites
- Disc Golf courses
Map Coverage: Wisconsin
Looking for Mobile Device maps? Take a look at the HUNT App for Mobile Devices!
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the map.
*Private land ownership information may not be available for all counties but is updated frequently. Check out our Plat Coverage Map for more information. It is important that you update your HUNT Wisconsin Map yearly to get the most up-to-date information available.
We've combined BLM, Forest Service, USGS Topo Quad, and PLAT book maps to give you the most informative digital map of Wisconsin ever created! View a color-coded map of Wisconsin right in your hand, on whatever device you prefer. Public & private land boundaries with land owner names, hunting districts, topo information, roads, trails, and much more right at the tip of your finger. Intuitive and space-saving, our HUNT Wisconsin Map lets you reduce clutter & get back to hunting! Endorsed by numerous State and Federal agencies, HUNT Wisconsin is the most reliable source for Wisconsin land ownership maps!
Visit our Plat Coverage Map to view which counties we provide land ownership data for!
Version 15.0Released on: Mar 12, 2015
- Updated land ownership data
- Added Forest Legacy Program lands
- Updated Managed Forest Law Lands (MFL)
- Updated Forest Crop Law Lands (FCL)
- Added Lake Winnebago and Lake Butte Des Morts Bathymetry
- Added additional Rails to Trails segments
Version 14.1Released on: Jul 29, 2014
- NOW HAS SEARCHABLE LAND OWNERSHIP CAPABILITY!
- Added parcel data to Buffalo County
- Added dotted parcel lines to indicate interior divisions of properties
- Improved transportation network to further symbolize different road types appropriately (particularly backroads versus more driveable county roads)
- Updated POIs with many new symbols, and city names that appear that show well in both Garmin GPS units as well as in the Basecamp desktop program
- Created a unique color code for State Parks, State Forests, State Fish & Wildlife, State universities, local parks, Corps of Engineers, Dams
- Edited color code for Bureau of Reclamation
- Updated 24k topo lines
Version 14.0Released on: Apr 04, 2014
- Added parcel data to the following counties: Columbia, Crawford (partial), Juneau (partial), Kenosha, Marathon, Milwaukee, Pierce, Polk, Price, Rusk, Shawano, Vernon (partial)
- Bathymetric contours for the Great Lakes, generated from NOAA digital elevation models! Perfect for recreational reference, but do not use for nearshore navigation
- Improved transportation network to reduce overlap in USFS roads and trails, reduce overlap w/ rail trails, Nat'l Park trails and the North Country Trail, and to symbolize different road types appropriately (particularly highways)
- Various public land improvements
- Improved visibility of city names
Version 13.1Released on: Dec 17, 2013
- Improved coastal water features
- Managed Forest and Forest Crop Law lands update
Version 13.0Released on: Jun 20, 2013
- New Map!
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
- You will be able to see your position relative to public and private land boundaries. For example, if you are on a BLM section, your current location will show up on a yellow background. If you are on private land, your GPS will show your current location on a white background
- Wherever you go you have a Statewide Ownership and Topo Map compacted down to a device that fits in the palm of your hand and weighs less than a pound
- Easily Compare to your Paper Maps to quickly figure out your location on that Paper Map using section lines and property ownership coloring as a reference
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for reference purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and onXmaps, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective Federal or State agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website
HUNT by onXmaps Product Overview:
TEAM HUNT Customer Testimonials: