- Map Features
- Plains region-specific with color-coded land ownership status (if you want to know land owner names, check out our HUNT Premium Maps for Garmin GPS)
- Discover little-known, seldom-hunted public land in the Plains area
- Navigate confidently around private lands you're not allowed to hunt
- Easily identify hunting areas
- Recognize public and private lands with straightforward color-coding
- Access roads — (hwy, city, back-roads, trails)
- Discover water — (lakes, rivers, creeks, springs)
- Map your best route with 24K topographical functionality
- Much more — every feature you will ever need in the field
HUNT Plains Map Features
- Plains Region-specific
- Color-coded land ownership data:
- Bureau of Land Management
- State Land
- State Parks
- WMA, WPA, NWR, etc.
- US Forest Service/National Grasslands
- US Fish & Wildlife
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Department of Defense
- Corps of Engineers
- Local government
- National Park Service
- Much more!
- Section lines and numbers
- 24K Topographic features (20 ft contour intervals ~ 1:24K Equivalent)
- Geographic names (cities, creeks, manmade features, etc)
- Parcels within the city
- City parks, county open space, state parks
- Roads — city, hwy, county, forest service, back-roads, & trails
- National Forest roads, trails, and Recreation Sites
- Water data (creeks, rivers, lakes)
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the map.
Version 13.0Released on: Jul 23, 2013
- New Map!
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for Reference Purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and Montana Mapping & GPS, LLC, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective federal or state agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website
HUNT by onXmaps Product Overview
HUNT Premium vs. HUNT Regional Product Comparison
TEAM HUNT Customer Testimonials:
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Tame your wilderness!
I recieved this the day I was leaving for deer camp. I was able to get it going in my Garmin etrex 20 with no problems. While hunting I had a Topo plat map I bought from the county years ago and was able to map out the entire log road through the property.(400acs). Since the property was right along section lines for the county I was able to find most of the boundaries. I have been using a gps for marking spots in the woods for years but this setup is a must have. I even found a piece of public ground 0.5 miles from my normal hunting spot that I had no idea was that close.
- Excellent tool to take to the dense woods of Iowa
This is a fantastic tool to have in your hand when scouting, planning and developing your hunt. The ability to be in the woods, mark waypoints, note land obstacles and features and than couple of basecamp to fully develop your hunt. Layer in the Birdseye feature of basecamp, and you have a tremendous tool. Easy to use, the detail of working boundary lines is outstanding. A Must have for working that big Midwest buck!