- Map Features
HUNT Ohio Product Features
- Land owner name appears on parcels within the state* ( View our PLAT Coverage Map for more information)
- Landowner name is searchable in BaseCamp and most GPS units
- American Electric Power (AEP) Public Hunting Areas
- Color-coded land ownership data
- State Parks
- State Forests
- State Wildlife Areas
- State Wildlife Production Areas
- State Nature Preserves
- County Land
- Local Parks
- Muskingum Watershed Conservancy
- National Park Service
- US Forest Service
- Department of Defense
- Corps of Engineers
- US Fish & Wildlife
- Local government
- Timber Company lands (potential lease opportunities on RMK lands (aka Scioto Land Co and Bowmore llc) and Heartwood Forestland)
- AEP lands (permit access on reCreation lands as well as their four public hunting areas: Avondale, Conesville, Poston, and Gavin)
- Non-profit lands (potential access on lands owned by the Nature Conservancy, the Black Swamp Conservancy, the Licking Land Trust, The West Creek Conservancy, and others)
- Much more!
- County Bag Limits
- Wild Turkey Fall Hunting Season
- Federal Wilderness Areas
- 24k topo
- Section lines and numbers (T24N R34E 12)
- City parks, county open space
- Roads—Highways, city and county roads, USFS roads, US Fish & Wildlife roads, state land roads
- Trails—USFS trails, USFWS (National Wildlife Refuge) trails, National Park trails, urban OSM trails, state park trails, local park trails, Muskingum Watershed Conservancy trails, Athens County Conservancy Trails, metropolitan bikeways, the North Country Trail, and the Buckeye Trail
- Water—detailed data on rivers & streams, lakes, wetlands, bays, springs, waterfalls
- Bathymetry—20-foot depth contours the Great Lakes. Do not use for navigation.
- Geographic names—Cities, towns, summits, gaps, hills, hollows, ridges, prairies, coves, harbors
- Fishing access sites (boat ramps)
- State Fisheries
- Airports with current FAA data
- Microbrewery locations
Looking for Mobile Device maps? Take a look at the HUNT App for Mobile Devices!
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the map.
*Private land ownership information may not be available for all counties but is updated frequently. Check out our Plat Coverage Map for more information. It is important that you update your HUNT Ohio Map yearly to get the most up-to-date information available.
We've combined BLM, Forest Service, USGS Topo Quad, and PLAT book maps to give you the most informative digital map of Ohio ever created! View a color-coded map of Ohio right in your hand, on whatever device you prefer. Public & private land boundaries with land owner names, hunting districts, topo information, roads, trails, and much more right at the tip of your finger. Intuitive and space-saving, our HUNT Ohio Map lets you reduce clutter & get back to hunting! Endorsed by numerous State and Federal agencies, HUNT Ohio is the most reliable source for Ohio land ownership maps!
Visit our Plat Coverage Map to view which counties we provide land ownership data for!
Version 15.0Released on: Jun 19, 2015
- NOW HAS SEARCHABLE LAND OWNERSHIP CAPABILITY
- Enhancement: View the elevation of your route (Download version only)
- Updated land ownership
- Added parcel data in the following counties: Columbiana, Gallia, Guernsey, Meigs, Perry
- Added dotted parcel lines to indicate interior divisions of properties
- Added American Electric Power Public Hunting Areas
- Updated County Bag Limits
- Updated County Fall Turkey Areas
- Created a unique color code for State Parks, State Forests, State Fish & Wildlife, State universities, local parks, Corps of Engineers, Dams
- Updated 24k topo
- Many improvements to geographic names include showing more city and town names at scale ranges appropriate to their size, as well as more intuitive depictions of landscape features
- New point of interest icons for campgrounds, trailheads, picnic areas, cabins, springs, fishing accesses, and many more!
- Improved transportation network to include many new roads and trails, and to show them at more appropriate scale ranges with clearer symbology
- Improvements to water features to make them more visible and show them at appropriate scale ranges
Version 14.0Released on: Apr 28, 2014
- Added parcel data to the following counties: Ashland (partial), Champaign, Pike, Scioto, Seneca, VanWert, Vinton
- Bathymetric contours for Lake Erie, generated from NOAA digital elevation models! Perfect for recreational reference, but do not use for nearshore navigation.
- Various public land improvements
- Improved visibility of city names
- Added Custom Waypoint symbols for hunting
- Added a transparent township layer (in addition to county layer) for identification on GPS
Version 12.0Released on: Nov 20, 2012
- New Map!
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
- You will be able to see your position relative to public and private land boundaries. For example, if you are on a BLM section, your current location will show up on a yellow background. If you are on private land, your GPS will show your current location on a white background
- Wherever you go you have a Statewide Ownership and Topo Map compacted down to a device that fits in the palm of your hand and weighs less than a pound
- Easily Compare to your Paper Maps to quickly figure out your location on that Paper Map using section lines and property ownership coloring as a reference
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for reference purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and onXmaps, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective Federal or State agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website
HUNT by onXmaps Product Overview:
TEAM HUNT Customer Testimonials: