- Map Features
- Midwest region-specific with color-coded land ownership status (if you want to know land owner names, check out our HUNT Premium Maps for Garmin GPS)
- Discover little-known, seldom-hunted public land in the Midwest area
- Navigate confidently around private lands you're not allowed to hunt
- Easily identify hunting areas
- Recognize public and private lands with straightforward color-coding
- Access roads — (hwy, city, back-roads, trails)
- Discover water — (lakes, rivers, creeks, springs)
- Map your best route with 24K topographical functionality
- Much more — every feature you will ever need in the field
HUNT Midwest Map Features
- Midwest Region-specific
- Color-coded land ownership data:
- Bureau of Land Management
- State Land
- State Parks
- WMA, WPA, NWR, etc.
- US Forest Service/National Grasslands
- US Fish & Wildlife
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Department of Defense
- Corps of Engineers
- Local government
- National Park Service
- Much more!
- Section lines and numbers
- 24K Topographic features (20 ft contour intervals ~ 1:24K Equivalent)
- Geographic names (cities, creeks, manmade features, etc)
- Parcels within the city
- City parks, county open space, state parks
- Roads — city, hwy, county, forest service, back-roads, & trails
- National Forest roads, trails, and Recreation Sites
- Water data (creeks, rivers, lakes)
Iowa Specific Map Features:
- IHAP Lands
Minnesota Specific Map Features:
- Deer Permit Areas
North Dakota Specific Map Features:
- CRP and PLOTS Lands
- Deer, Elk, Pronghorn Hunt Units
Wisconsin Specific Map Features:
- Forest Legacy Law Lands
- Deer Management Units
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the map.
Version 13.0Released on: Jun 26, 2013
- New Map!
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for reference purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and onXmaps, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective Federal or State agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website
HUNT by onXmaps Product Overview:
TEAM HUNT Customer Testimonials:
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- would recomend
Bought the SD version in 2014 to go to South Dakota. (Hunting reservation lands) I was under the impression that it would at least show the difference between private, public, and reservation lands. It would show any thing inside the reservation boundaries as BIA lands. Hunted multiple reservations, all showed that anything inside the boundaries could be hunted. Was a little disappointed. Had to look at paper map and reference the gps to know if I was hunting the right lands. I hope update clears this up. Works great in other states. Hopefully a premium chip comes out for South Dakota.
the regional chip works great! a little more detail would help.but other words i would defintitly would recommend it.
The regional chip works, but when comparing to the state chip before I bought the regional chip, I thought it would show more detail then it does. Use the state chip for much more detail. Also, when hunting unknown property, do not always go by what the GPS says. I found a lot of property that wasn't public that it said was public. Luckily I had talked to the DNR before trespassing and could figure out the actual boundaries. The chip works great for helping find unknown properties to hunt, especially when on the go.
On a recent hunting trip to South Dakota Grasslands this map was invaluable in telling the difference between public and private property and more importantly Reservation land.
- I like the fact that this software includes 5 mid-west states.
I have a Wyoming Chip as I live and hunt in Wyoming at this time. I was glad to see that the midwest is now available for the Iowa, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and Wisconsin areas. I used to live and hunt those states some time ago and there were many times where I needed to arrange access and did not have the landowner information that I needed. Very good product and usfull in hunting and work related situations.