- Map Features
HUNT Idaho Product Features
- Landowner name appears on parcels within the state* ( View our PLAT Coverage Map for more information)
- Landowner name is searchable in BaseCamp and most GPS units
- 2015 Access Yes! Properties
- Color-coded land ownership data
- US Forest Service
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- State Parks
- State Forests
- State Wildlife Management Areas
- State Land
- County Land
- US Fish & Wildlife
- Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)
- Department of Defense
- Corps of Engineers
- Local government
- National Park Service
- Timber Company Lands (Public access shown on Western Pacific and Stimson timberlands; permit access shown on Inland Empire Paper, Bennett Lumber, and Potlatch’s properties; and potential lease access shown on former US Forest Capital lands)
- Much more!
- Game Management Unit boundaries
- Wilderness Area boundaries
- Section lines and numbers (T24N R34E 12)
- 24k topo
- City parks, county open space
- Roads—Highways, city and county roads, USFS roads, National Monument roads, state lands roads, National Wildlife Refuge roads
- Trails—USFS hiking trails, USFS motorized trails, OSM trails, Shafer Butte trails, National Park Service trails, ski runs, statewide bicycling trails, urban OSM trails, state parks trails, the Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes, the Idaho Centennial Trail, and the Continental Divide Trail
- Geographic names—Cities, towns, summits, ridges, ranges, valleys, gulches, craters, lava flows, bays, and buttes
- Water—detailed data on rivers & streams, lakes, wetlands, rapids, springs & hot springs, waterfalls
- Bathymetry—Arrowrock Reservoir, Anderson Ranch Reservoir, Bear Lake, Lake Cascade, Deadwood Reservoir, Lake Lowell, Lake Waha
- National Forest Recreation Sites
- BLM fencelines
- Fishing access sites (boat ramps)
- Airports—Updated with current FAA data
- Microbrewery locations
- Disc golf locations
- RV campgrounds
Looking for Mobile Device maps? Take a look at the HUNT App for Mobile Devices!
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the map.
*Private land ownership information may not be available for all counties but is updated frequently. Check out our Plat Coverage Map for more information. It is important that you update your HUNT Idaho Map yearly to get the most up-to-date information available.
We've combined BLM, Forest Service, USGS Topo Quad, and PLAT book maps to give you the most informative digital map of Idaho ever created! View a color-coded map of Idaho right in your hand, on whatever device you prefer. Public & private land boundaries with land owner names, hunting districts, topo information, roads, trails, and much more right at the tip of your finger. Intuitive and space-saving, our HUNT Idaho Map lets you reduce clutter & get back to hunting! Endorsed by numerous State and Federal agencies, HUNT Idaho is the most reliable source for Idaho land ownership maps!
Visit our Plat Coverage Map to view which counties we provide land ownership data for!
Version 15.0Released on: Aug 20, 2015
- Updated to 2015 Access Yes! Properties
- Updated Game Management Unit Boundaries
- Changed Potlatch’s northern timberlands to reflect permit-only access restrictions
- Labeled areas within BLM National Landscape Conservation System by their unique names
Version 14.2Released on: Nov 13, 2014
- Removed the Antelope, Bear, Elk, Goat, Moose, Sheep, Turkey, and Waterfowl Hunt Areas to enhance user experience due to limitations of the GPS. This will allow users to make sure they can see the Game Management Units when they query on any point of the map.
- Edited color code for the timberlands to make these access areas more visible
- Edited color code for Access Yes Program lands to make these features more visible
- Changed symbology of closed roads and two-tracks to make these features more visible
- Added more historic trail data, mainly in Boise National Forest, and roads on publicly accessible timberlands
Version 14.1Released on: Sep 03, 2014
- NOW HAS SEARCHABLE LAND OWNERSHIP CAPABILITY
- Updated to 2014 Access Yes Properties
- Added dotted parcel lines to indicate interior divisions of properties
- Created a unique color code for State Parks, State Forests, State Fish and Wildlife, State universities, local parks, Corps of Engineers, Dams
- Edited color code of Bureau of Reclamation
- Updated POIs
- Updated 24k topo lines
- Improved and updated water features
- Improved transportation network
Version 14.0Released on: Mar 04, 2014
- Added Parcel data in the following counties: Bear Lake, Boundary, Butte, Custer, Latah, Lincoln, Minidoka, Payette, Power, Washington - NOW FULL STATE COVERAGE!!!
- Completed a comprehensive land ownership update to fix many, many public land changes and land swaps that other public land paper maps and digital maps may show you erroneously.
- Improved and updated water features. Added names to most rivers, large creeks and other waterbodies. Corrected Lake Coeur d'Alene naming error.
- Combined many roads and trails data sets to create the most comprehensive and detailed backroads dataset ever created for Idaho! Improved transportation network to reduce overlap in USFS roads and trails, symbolize different road types, and improve our trails network to include many new areas
- Added Custom Waypoint symbols for Hunting.
- Improved visibility of city names
Version 13.0Released on: Aug 12, 2013
- Updated with 2013 Access Yes Properties
- Added Parcel data in the following counties: Bear Lake, Bonner, and Valley
- Updated GMUs to 2013
Version 12.1Released on: Sep 10, 2012
- Updated with 2012 Access Yes Properties
- Modified display of section lines
- Updated Public Land Data to March 2012
- Added Parcel data in the following counties: Benewah, Boise, Canyon & Gem
Version 11.1Released on: Dec 03, 2012
- Updated Topo data East of Hailey, ID, and in and around GMU-50
- Updated Access Yes Properties
Version 11.0 (Released May 15, 2011)
- New Map!
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
- You will be able to see your position relative to public and private land boundaries. For example, if you are on a BLM section, your current location will show up on a yellow background. If you are on private land, your GPS will show your current location on a white background
- Wherever you go you have a Statewide Ownership and Topo Map compacted down to a device that fits in the palm of your hand and weighs less than a pound
- Easily Compare to your Paper Maps to quickly figure out your location on that Paper Map using section lines and property ownership coloring as a reference
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for reference purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and onXmaps, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective Federal or State agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website
HUNT by onXmaps Product Overview:
TEAM HUNT Customer Testimonials: