- Product Details
- Pinpoint private land owner names and property boundaries in Idaho* so you can request access permission (if you want regional maps without land owner names, check out our HUNT Regional Maps for Garmin GPS)
- Discover little-known, seldom-hunted public land
- Navigate confidently around private lands you're not allowed to hunt
- Quickly view Game Management Unit boundaries
- Easily identify changes in land ownership with straightforward color-coded parcels
- Access roads — (hwy, city, back-roads, trails, etc.)
- Discover water — (lakes, rivers, creeks, springs, etc.)
- Map your best route with 100K topographic functionality
- Much more — every feature you will ever need in the field!
HUNT Idaho Product Features
- Land owner name appears on parcels within the state*
- Land owner name is searchable in BaseCamp and most GPS units
- 2014 Access Yes Program lands
- Color-coded land ownership data
- Bureau of Land Management
- State Land
- County Land
- WMA, WPA, NWR, etc.
- US Forest Service/National Grasslands
- US Fish & Wildlife
- Indian Reservations
- Local government
- National Park Service
- State Parks
- Timber Company Lands (Potlach, Western Pacific, Stimson, Inland Empire Paper, etc.)
- Much more!
- Game Management Unit boundaries
- Wilderness Area boundaries
- Section lines and numbers (T24N R34E 12)
- 24K Topographic features (20 ft contour intervals ~ 1:24K Equivalent)
- City parks, county open space
- Roads—Highways, city and county roads, USFS roads
- Trails—USFS, Idaho Centennial Trail, OSM, and Shafer Butte trails, Natl Park, CDT
- National Forest roads, trails, and Recreation Sites
- Geographic names (cities, creeks, manmade features, etc)
- BLM fencelines
- Fishing access sites (boat ramps)
- Water—detailed data on rivers & streams, lakes, wetlands, rapids, springs & hot springs, waterfalls
- Airports—Updated with current FAA data
- Microbrewery locations
Looking for Mobile Device maps? Take a look at the HUNT App for Mobile Devices!
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the map.
*Private land ownership information may not be available for all counties but is updated frequently. Check out our Plat Coverage Map for more information. It is important that you update your HUNT Idaho Map yearly to get the most up-to-date information available.
Version 14.2Released on: Nov 13, 2014
- Removed the Antelope, Bear, Elk, Goat, Moose, Sheep, Turkey, and Waterfowl Hunt Areas to enhance user experience due to limitations of the GPS. This will allow users to make sure they can see the Game Management Units when they query on any point of the map.
- Edited color code for the timberlands to make these access areas more visible
- Edited color code for Access Yes Program lands to make these features more visible
- Changed symbology of closed roads and two-tracks to make these features more visible
- Added more historic trail data, mainly in Boise National Forest, and roads on publicly accessible timberlands
Version 14.1Released on: Sep 03, 2014
- NOW HAS SEARCHABLE LAND OWNERSHIP CAPABILITY
- Updated to 2014 Access Yes Properties
- Added dotted parcel lines to indicate interior divisions of properties
- Created a unique color code for State Parks, State Forests, State Fish and Wildlife, State universities, local parks, Corps of Engineers, Dams
- Edited color code of Bureau of Reclamation
- Updated POIs
- Updated 24k topo lines
- Improved and updated water features
- Improved transportation network
Version 14.0Released on: Mar 04, 2014
- Added Parcel data in the following counties: Bear Lake, Boundary, Butte, Custer, Latah, Lincoln, Minidoka, Payette, Power, Washington - NOW FULL STATE COVERAGE!!!
- Completed a comprehensive land ownership update to fix many, many public land changes and land swaps that other public land paper maps and digital maps may show you erroneously.
- Improved and updated water features. Added names to most rivers, large creeks and other waterbodies. Corrected Lake Coeur d'Alene naming error.
- Combined many roads and trails data sets to create the most comprehensive and detailed backroads dataset ever created for Idaho! Improved transportation network to reduce overlap in USFS roads and trails, symbolize different road types, and improve our trails network to include many new areas
- Added Custom Waypoint symbols for Hunting.
- Improved visibility of city names
Version 13.0Released on: Aug 12, 2013
- Updated with 2013 Access Yes Properties
- Added Parcel data in the following counties: Bear Lake, Bonner, and Valley
- Updated GMUs to 2013
Version 12.1Released on: Sep 10, 2012
- Updated with 2012 Access Yes Properties
- Modified display of section lines
- Updated Public Land Data to March 2012
- Added Parcel data in the following counties: Benewah, Boise, Canyon & Gem
Version 11.1Released on: Dec 03, 2012
- Updated Topo data East of Hailey, ID, and in and around GMU-50
- Updated Access Yes Properties
Version 11.0 (Released May 15, 2011)
- New Map!
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
- You will be able to see your position relative to public and private land boundaries. For example, if you are on a BLM section, your current location will show up on a yellow background. If you are on private land, your GPS will show your current location on a white background
- Wherever you go you have a Statewide Ownership and Topo Map compacted down to a device that fits in the palm of your hand and weighs less than a pound
- Easily Compare to your Paper Maps to quickly figure out your location on that Paper Map using section lines and property ownership coloring as a reference
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for reference purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and onXmaps, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective Federal or State agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website
HUNT by onXmaps Product Overview:
TEAM HUNT Customer Testimonials: