- Product Details
- Pinpoint private land owner names and property boundaries in California* so you can request access permission (if you want regional maps without land owner names, check out our HUNT Regional Maps for Garmin GPS)
- Discover public land ownership with straightforward color-coded parcels
- Quickly view Hunting Zone boundaries
- Find access roads & trails—highways, county roads, 4x4, two-tracks, singletracks and closed roads
- Locate water features like springs, creeks, rivers, rapids, lakes, ponds, and reservoirs
- Map your best route with locally-scaled 24k topographic functionality
- Much more — every feature you will ever need in the field!
HUNT California Product Features
- Land owner name appears on parcels within the state*
- Land owner name is searchable in BaseCamp and most GPS units
- State Game Refuge boundaries
- Color-coded land ownership data
- Bureau of Land Management
- State Land
- State Parks
- State WIldlife Management Areas
- County Land
- National Park Service
- US Forest Service/National Grasslands
- US Fish & Wildlife
- Indian Reservations
- Department of Defense
- Core of Engineers
- Bureau of Reclamation—BOR
- Timber Company Lands (publicly accessible Sierra Pacific properties and lands managed by Roseburg like Oxbow Timber and Rome Creek Timber, as well as permit access timberlands like John Hancock, the Soper-Wheeler Company, Bascom Pacific and those managed by W.M. Beaty, including Shasta Forests and Red River Forests)
- Non-profit Open Space Lands (including but not limited to American River Conservancy, California Desert Land Conservancy, Elkhorn Slough Foundation, Landpaths, Muir Heritage Land Trust, Nature Conservancy, Peninsula Open Space Trust, Truckee Donner Land Trust, Wildlands Conservancy
- City and county Open Space Lands (including but not limited to American River Parkway, Bidwell Park, Bommer Canyon Open Space, East Bay Regional Park District, El Doraho Hills Community Service District, Highland Springs Recreation Area, Lassen Land Trails and Trust, Los Angeles Department of Water & Power, Marin County Open Space District, Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District, Mountains Recreation & Conservation Authority, Riverside County Open Space District, Santa Ana River Greenbelt, Santa Clara Open Space Authority, San Diego Parks and Open Space, San Diego River Valley Open Space Park, Sonoma County Agriculture Preservation & Open Space District, and many wilderness parks
- Local government
- Much more!
- Hunting Zone boundaries
- Non-Lead Zones
- Use your GPS to select anywhere on the map to list Desert Bighorn Sheep, Elk and Pronghorn Hunt Zone information
- Federal and state wilderness area boundaries
- 24k topo
- Section lines and numbers (T24N R34E 12)
- City parks, county open space
- Roads—Highways, city and county roads, Forest Service roads, BLM roads, National Park roads, state lands roads, National Wildlife Refuge roads, and local park roads
- Trails—National Forest trails, National Park trails, state park trails, BLM trails, US Fish & Wildlife trails, urban OSM trails, county trails, the John Muir Trail, and the Pacific Crest Trail
- Geographic names—Cities, towns, summits, passes, valleys, draws, harbors, bays, beaches, deserts
- Water—detailed data on rivers & streams, lakes, reservoirs, canals, ditches, springs
- Bathymetry—20-foot depth contours in Pacific Ocean; various depth intervals for Castle Lake, Clear Lake, Folsom Lake, Lake Arrowhead, Lake Tahoe, Millerton Lake and the Salton Sea
- Fishing access sites (boat ramps)
- Microbrewery locations
Looking for Mobile Device maps? Take a look at the HUNT App for Mobile Devices!
Take advantage of all the information right on your mapping device! A legend is unnecessary on all digital hunting maps since all the data is easily accessible right on the map.
*Private land ownership information may not be available for all counties but is updated frequently. Check out our Plat Coverage Map for more information. It is important that you update your HUNT California Map yearly to get the most up-to-date information available.
Version 15.0Released on: Jan 14, 2015
- NOW HAS SEARCHABLE LAND OWNERSHIP CAPABILITY!
- Enhancement: View the elevation of your route (Download version only)
- Updated land ownership
- Added dotted parcel lines to indicate interior divisions of properties
- Added California State Game Refuge boundaries
- Added state wilderness areas and boundaries
- Created a unique color code for State Parks, State Forests, State Fish & Wildlife, State universities, local parks, Corps of Engineers, Dams
- Edited color code for Bureau of Reclamation
- Many improvements to transportation network including including additional roads and trails (mainly BLM roads in the western Mojave and additional state parks trails, local parks trails and national parks trails), better highway classification, separating backroads from more driveable county roads, and defined street networks
- Many improvements to geographic names include showing more city and town names at scale ranges appropriate to their size, as well as more intuitive depictions of landscape features
- New point of interest icons for campgrounds, trailheads, picnic areas, cabins, springs, fishing accesses, and many more!
- Improvements to water features to make them more visible and show them at appropriate scale ranges
- Added and refined lake bathymetry data. Perfect for recreation reference, but do not use for nearshore navigation
- Updated 24k topo
Version 13.0Released on: Oct 10, 2013
- Added parcel data in more counties to COMPLETE COVERAGE in California!
- Improved transportation network including the Pacific Crest Trail, USFS and NP trails, BLM OHV routes and backroads
- Improved and updated water features
Version 12.1Released on: May 10, 2012
- Added Parcel data in more counties: Alpine, Del Norte, Glenn, Merced, Placer, Tuolumne
Version 12.0Released on: Feb 20, 2012
- Updated public lands data
- System Requirements
View our GPS Compatibility page for more information on system requirements and GPS Unit compatibility with HUNT by onXmaps products.
- You will be able to see your position relative to public and private land boundaries. For example, if you are on a BLM section, your current location will show up on a yellow background. If you are on private land, your GPS will show your current location on a white background
- Wherever you go you have a Statewide Ownership and Topo Map compacted down to a device that fits in the palm of your hand and weighs less than a pound
- Easily Compare to your Paper Maps to quickly figure out your location on that Paper Map using section lines and property ownership coloring as a reference
We concentrate our efforts to providing the most current and accurate property boundaries and ownership available. These maps are for reference purposes only. Always obey property postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries. Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's land survey data. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and onXmaps, the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use. These data do not constitute a legal survey; when seeking the definitive description of real property, consult the deed recorded at the local county courthouse or official land records in the respective Federal or State agencies.
You can read more about Garmin GPS Unit accuracy on the Garmin website
HUNT by onXmaps Product Overview:
TEAM HUNT Customer Testimonials: